Your home environment should be a healthy one. The health and safety of your family is of the highest importance to Kennedy Pest Control. We utilize the most stringent methods to safeguard and protect your family and household pets, while at the same time offering you the best service in the pest control industry.
Mice and rats are carriers of disease. Some diseases, like the hantavirus, are spread by contact with the urine and droppings. Breathing dust raised during the cleanup of droppings can cause illness, therefore it is important to practice safe cleanup procedures.
- Never sweep or vacuum dry droppings.
- Dampen droppings and debris with a bleach and water solution before wiping up.
- Rubber gloves and a dust mask should be worn during cleanup.
- Wash hands and exposed clothing thoroughly after cleanup.
- Wear gloves to dispose of dead rodents.
- Wrap dead rodents in a plastic bag and put in the garbage, or hazardous disposal site.
Should you have any other questions, please call us at your earliest convenience at 800-420-PEST. Our friendly staff and technicians will be happy to provide whatever information you require.